TR6 compression ratio

To: ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com
Subject: TR6 compression ratio
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:50:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
re: milling head, no other alterations -- interesting question.

I puzzled over that also, and not having access to a dyno, used two
different and independent formulae for hp, leaving all other parameters
constant and changing only the compression ratio. The answer I got from
both equations was that one point of compression ratio increase (like
from 8:1 to 9:1) yields three percent horsepower increase. That would
mean that on a 100 hp engine you would get only 3 more hp. The answer is
quite different if you change valve timing at the same time.

I'd sure like to see dyno confirmation of this.
--
uncle jack
61 TR4 Rallye Replica Racer