Rear Differential Oil Seals, TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Differential Oil Seals, TR6
From: MarCam123@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:05:53 EST
Listers,

Has anyone out there had any experience with replacing the oil seals on the
inner axle shafts of the differential?  Mine are leaking very badly (It's
bleeding out, not just marking its territory!).  I've purchased new seals and
new housings, but I cannot get the flanges removed from the inner axle shafts.
I've had machinists look at them, but nobody would guarantee removing them
without damage.  Since I've yet to find a supplier with the flanges available
(all other parts involved can be purchased if need be) I'm very hesitant to
allow anyone to try to take them apart.  Any help would be appreciated.

Marty Campbell
71 TR6