TR6: stubborn fascia needs removing for service

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6: stubborn fascia needs removing for service
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:02:38 -0500
Triumpherati ...

Previously, I asked about the best way to remove the fascia board on
my recently acquired TR6.  [Haynes doesn't really cover this
simple procedure, and I need access to the back of the oil gauge to
replace its feed line.]  The common approach is to undo the speedo, tach,
and five fascia screws to lower the fascia to the 'service position.'

But the fascia is binding in the area of the tach, and I
don't want to apply much force for fear of damaging the veneer.
Am I forgetting something?  For the tach, I've disconnected only its
drive cable...

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6 (garage queen)