Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vanderveil Bearings

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vanderveil Bearings
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:16:09 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Well I've just been through this issue with TRF.  you won't be able to get
.005" thrust washer from them...they'll backorder but don't have a
delivery date which means about a year.  As far as an oil pump goes....no
one has them.  From what I have found out they quit producing them about 3
years ago and now there isn't a supplier for them...from any company. No
kits are available either.  Also TRF only sells vandervels for standard
size...all other number cross reference to an AE number and I think even
some of the standard sizes cross to an AE number.. It doesn't really
matter though because almost all bearing manufacturers use the vandervell
technology in their bearings.

Aaron