Re: question and tub tilt status

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: Re: question and tub tilt status
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:15:11 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, naffy@netins.net
Cregg, why don't you take the car into a good quality frame and
suspension shop and have them check it out on their equipment. I think
it will be a good investment in saving your sanity! You may find some of
the suspension mounting points tweaked. (I know the frame on my TR4 has
some interesting post-factory twists and turns.) Besides, the shop may
love to see a car that actually has a frame under it, unlike these
modern, robot welded, stamped/formed tin-can, unibody contraptions. They
may be able to straighten it, if needed, pretty easily too. I recently
found just such a shop, one that specializes in collectible cars and
even had books and magazines with TR's in them in the waiting room!
They'll be seeing more of me!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602

(Yes, I've been seen crawling around under my car with a tape measure
too!)

--
MZ