Engine Rebuild Tips

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Rebuild Tips
From: "lynn oldroyd" <lmoldroyd@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:52:49 PST
Hi Listers,

I have been following the list for the last few months with great
interest, gathering information about my project car.  I have found lots
of little bits of information that will help me along the way.
I am now getting ready to rebuild the engine in my 73 TR-6, I had the
head done at the shop, but will be doing the block myself.

I have never rebuilt an engine before, but am prepared to get started.
My fear is that I will over look something simple because of my
inexperience that will cause me big problems early down the road.
There must be plenty, DO's and DON'TS, in a engine rebuild that I would
like to know about now instead of later, when its to late.

Are there any masters or previous first timers like me, that have any
tips before I get started.  I have the Bentley manual, but it seems it
over looks the obvious, assuming I should already know.

Thanks,
Lynn