Re: TV producer looking for TR-2 info

To: Bill <bigmon@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TV producer looking for TR-2 info
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:01:27 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Bill wrote:

> Hello.
> My name is Bill Humphrey and I am a documentary television producer and
> automobile enthusiast.
> I am butting in to your mailing list because I am currently in
> pre-production for a series documentaries titled "Sports Car Stories." In
> one of the programs I would like to cover the story of the TR-2.
> I am in search of archival films and photographs related to the history and
> production of the TR-2. I am also in search of subjects to interview about
> the history of the TR-2.
>
> If you have any information regarding where I can find the 'players' in
> this story I would most appreciate it.
> Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at <bigmon@mindspring.com> or by
> telephone during business hours at 301-718-0701 extension #219.

        You probably want to talk to John MacCartney of this list... He can
        direct you where in Great Britain to look, and who to talk to
        (those that are still around) there. Ken Richardson, Former test
        driver and head of Standard Triumph's competition department, was
        the person most responsible for the TR2's ultimate form. He died
        last year. His son may be able to to help as well but at the
        moment I'm blanking on his first name.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois