Re: J Type Spitfire OD wiring

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: J Type Spitfire OD wiring
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:20:33 -0700
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe Curry wrote:

> My question is, "Has anybody ever drawn up their own
> schematic of that circuit which has the real color
> codes according to the actual wiring harness instead of
> what is shown in the Haynes manual"?

Perhaps you'll get a definitive answer from someone who can look at a
unit in place, but if not you might try your public library.

At my local branch (reference section) I found a complete set of the big
Chilton wiring diagram manuals for domestics and imports.  These suckers
are big (about 12" x 18") and were published for the automotive trade.
Each volume is a couple of inches thick and cover a few years' imports.

Wiring diagrams seem to be notoriously unreliable, perhaps due to
production changes, so mutliple sources, opinions and common sense are
often required.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A