Re: Green TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Green TR4A
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:18:03 -0800
Cc: DLMAssoc@aol.com
That's my TR4A, Sarah. I don't know how well your monitor reproduces
the green of the image - there is much variation in these things. However,
the green that she is is as good an approximation as we could come up
with for 1967's Triumph Racing Green, Ditzler 43232, Triumph code 25.

That particular paint is DuPont Centari, code 96778A, which subsequently
clearcoated (and not very well, sigh).

Reportedly, DuPont lacquer 8450L corresponds as well.

If I had it to do again, I'd probably use the later, post-69 TR6 green,
DuPont 43912 - more black, less yellow. But that's just my taste, not
the original color.