Re: So, you want to put a V8 in that, or what?

To: Ron Roach <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: So, you want to put a V8 in that, or what?
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:22:35 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca
Ron:

Yeah, I'm on the Triumphs list too. Back when I was living in the big
old East ('70s), I knew a fellow who had a 273 Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler
engine and 4-speed in a TR4. It was OK except that he had the
Corvette-style exhaust under the doors. Uggggh. On the other hand, a
common swap was the Dodge (etc.) 318/340/360 into the A-H 3000. An
acquaintance, who was partially disabled as a result of a bad car
accident, had one of these with a 340 and automatic. Went like hell but
required regular rewelding of the rear frame area due to the excess
torque.

Some of these conversions are wild and make my little V6 MGA conversion
into a pipsqueak :-)

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK