Re: Posi drive bits, Peter is correct!

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Posi drive bits, Peter is correct!
From: Andy <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:37:1 -0500
Greg,
I vaguely remember my father telling me there are two types of cross tip
screwdriver, one is the "Phillips" and I don't remember the name of the other.
The primary
difference in the two types is that one type has a point on the end and the
other doesn't. I also believe there are minor differences in the heads of the
screws that
doesn't allow the other type of driver a full face connection allowing for
stripping out the screws slots.
Been a long time since we talked about it but if there's one thing he remembers
these days it's his tools (he still remembers everyone I lost in High School
and I'm
46 now). I'll ask him next time we talk.
Andy