Non LBC - Which Wash Rag is Best?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non LBC - Which Wash Rag is Best?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:18:24 EST
List,

This question, while not totally LBC related, has some LBC relevance!

For those of you who show your cars or really value the paint finish, what do
you use to actually wash your car?

For years I've used the softest synthetic sponge I can find, washing it out
frequently in my wash water to remove any grit that may have gotten trapped.
I use a separate harder sponge to clean the rockers and wheel well openings.
I always use lots of rinse water and use a clean chamois to dry.

Despite this technique, I still have some very fine swirl scratches in some
areas of my paint (clearcoat).  Meguiars does a good job of hiding most of the
scratches but some are still there...and I guess I put them there since I'm
the only person who washes the cars!

So, before I invest in my latest restored LBC and get out the wash bucket I
thought I'd ask the forum for input!

Thanks,

Chip (garage really moving along!)