Scenic Utah

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Scenic Utah
From: smith007@mindspring.com (PTS)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:41:46 -0500
>Sorry, I know this can get really boring if we all put in our 2 cents
>worth, but this trip should really be done at least once in you life:
>Find your way to Escalante, Utah. Take Utah Hwy 12 out of town, cross
>the Escalante River, up past Calf Creek and its wonderful canyons, over
>Devils Backbone (twenty feet wide, and drops of several hundred on both
>sides), into the most amazing and unspoiled bit of the West in Boulder,
>Utah. Continue on Hwy 12 over Boulder mountain, with views all the way
>to Navajo Mountain on the Arizona border, and into Torrey, the gateway
>to Capitol Reef Natl Park. You will love it!
>OK, British Car Club of Utah, let's hear it.
>Tom Bottman

Tom,
Please in the future, don't discuss "Color Country" on this list, it hurts
too badly ! As it is, I sit up half the night listening to Art Bell,
playing "Cusco", on the stereo, atlas open before me (UTtah), searching the
net for anything Utah, or related topics. I'm seriously dreaming of the
day, when I can tell the job where to go, and bolt to Utah. I am looking
into alternative building methods for homes. Ramed earth, strawbale, and
solar power. I think my TR6 would really like it out there also, my wife
can come too, if she wants too. I hope I get out there before my arteries
completely harden ?

  Phil Smith
    69 TR6
    85 Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible