bleedin' oil gauge?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: bleedin' oil gauge?
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:48:41 -0600
> Another thing to consider is that it's probably good to "bleed" the line
before tightening it down on the gauge...

Thanks for the technique, now think I could bleed mine without making
the interior look like it was rammed by the Exxon Valdez.

What would be the symptoms of an Oil Pressure line that needs to be
bled?  My gauge does not return to zero until several hours after the
engine is off (now that's great oil pressure!) or I can tap on the line
under the hood and it will zero.

Am I correct that bleeding might help?  Just wanted and opinion before I
try anythi

Never heard of an oil gauge needing bleeding to let it go back to zero.
Sounds like there is something in the line restricting the oil from
draining back to sump.  Or bourdon tube bad?