Re: TR6: oil pressure line replacement opinions

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6: oil pressure line replacement opinions
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:21:55 -0700
Peter Zaborski wrote:
> Another thing to consider is that it's probably good to "bleed" the line
>before tightening it down on the gauge...

Thanks for the technique, now think I could bleed mine without making
the interior look like it was rammed by the Exxon Valdez.

What would be the symptoms of an Oil Pressure line that needs to be
bled?  My gauge does not return to zero until several hours after the
engine is off (now that's great oil pressure!) or I can tap on the line
under the hood and it will zero.

Am I correct that bleeding might help?  Just wanted and opinion before I
try anything.  TIA

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A