Re: Loctite 660

To: "Tom Howard" <howard@lsschools.k12.ca.us>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Loctite 660
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:49:31 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Loctite 660 saved my bacon on my GT6+  front hubs.  it takes quite a while
to set if the gap is large though.  If the race is so loose you can "rattle
it around" you have a problem.  If it just spins/ slips out, the 660 will do
just fine.  Remember, all that is needed is to keep the race from spinning,
as it is held in place.

Someplace else I say that there is also different "grades" of 660 or
equivalent, some designed for bigger gaps as I described.

Everybody should have a bottle of Loctite blue, 660 (also called bearing
retaining compound),  and small screw threadlocker (fer them damn leeny
weeny SU screws, etc)

Dave T