Re: TR-6 PI

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: TR-6 PI
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:39:54 -0600 (CST)
Cc: tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, R. John Lye wrote:

> Hi Anthony,
>       You wrote:
>
> >However, I know that a low-cost EFI system will
> >start with throttle bodies and the like .... so all the TR6's are pushed to
> >the Lucas system either way.
>
> Not necessarily - TWM is now making throttle bodies that replace the
> Z/S carbs and are a bolt on to the carb manifold.  You give up the
> individual runners of the Lucas system, but you do not have to use
> the Lucas injectors and throttle bodies.

TWM also makes dual throttle bodies which bolt to a DCOE flange, so you
could get individual runners with EFI, it's just a matter of money. I
think TWM also makes a triple DCOE manifold set for Triumph 6 (I'm not
sure they aren't the ones that everyone uses, at least the Triumphtune
catalog mentions them by name).

--
Brian Ricker                    brianr@mvp.net
Ballwin MO