Surrey Hardtop

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Surrey Hardtop
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:23:41 -0600
Here I am again making a little progress on putting the Surrey Top on
the Six.  I ran in to something else and I hope that someone out there
who has one on their Triumph can help me with this.  In the fastening
assembly to attach the hardtop to the windscreen frame the TRF 250
catalogue shows you use a bolt, washer, lock washer and a distance tube
(part 613508).  It appears from the illustration in the catalogue that
the distance tube mounts up through the windscreen frame.  In the Six
the prepunched hole is not big enough for it to be inserted from the
underside of the frame.  In the TR6 catalogue the same part is used for
the TR6 hardtop and appears to be inserted down from the top of the
windscreen frame.  That will work although the angle seems a little
odd.  How does this thing really go?
Bob