Re: Cooling System Flush on TR6

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@shriverco.com>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Flush on TR6
From: Glenn Merrell <gmerrel@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:10:46 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Jack,
        If you use a power flush system, make ABSOLUTELY sure that you tell
them to
isolate the heater core BEFORE flushing, as all the crud from the engine will
deposite itself nicely into the heater core, and you will have no heat in the
passenger area.  Not a problem if you live in southern Claifornia, ahem.  Money
well spent is a radiator rod job after doing the Prestone chemical flush and
rince.

Several of the Triumph pages have flushing procedures listed, one on VTR, one on
Tom Jell's Triumph page, one on SOL.

Regards,
"G"
TSRVP