RE: Texans and Bragging Rights?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Texans and Bragging Rights?
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:29:48 -0500
The problem with the area of Texas that I live in (45 minutes north of
Dallas) is that it commonly drops into the 20's and even teens during Jan
and Feb (although it is usually only for a few days at a time) and holds
steady in the 105 to 110 degree range in July and August.  Spring and Fall
only last about two weeks! I know our winter lows are nothing compared to
Wisconsin, but we suffer the extreme fluctuations not only from one season
to the next but even one day to the next.  In late December, it got down to
about 11 degrees and stayed in the teens and low 20's for a couple of days.
Then it suddenly jumped up to a sunny 70 degrees within 24 hours.  Something
about the warm Gulf of Mexico air mass fighting arctic cold fronts for
territory.  Talk about not being able to plan a wardrobe.  I guess I should
be grateful for the variety. And also for the not uncommon occasion to put
the top down in January.  But, beware, the next day it could be 25 degrees
again.
Greg
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT