RE: Exhaust manifold air tubes?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Exhaust manifold air tubes?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:01:54 -0700

They are the remnants of the air injection system employed by Triumph (and
others) to reduce emissions in the mid 70's. Since it appears you are
missing the rest of the system (air pump, check valves, injection manifold,
etc) I don't think you need to replace the air tubes. Save them in case you
ever need to get your car smog tested but if that time comes you'll need the
rest of the parts as well (if a visual check is part of the test).

I have removed all this stuff from my car and it runs just fine if not
better. See any of the usual catalogs (especially TRF's) for detail on the
missing parts.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---