Re: Rimmer Brothers Free Shipping

To: lgmtr6@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, vitesse@juno.com
Subject: Re: Rimmer Brothers Free Shipping
From: slevine@toucan.com (Sandy Levine)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:44:25 -0600
Cc: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
I have ordered twice from Rimmer. The first time was a crankshaft pulley
for a 3/8 in belt for my 70 TR6. The rubber portion has deteriorated to the
point that I was concerned about putting it back on the car. They were the
only ones who has the part listed as available in their online catalog  so
I ordered it. What I received was different in appearance from the original
to the point where I decided not to use it.  I foolishly kept it - where I
should have returned it for credit. If they were in the US I most likely
would have - but I didn't. Nobody to blame but myself. I did find a company
in CA that actually repaired my pulley - expensive but my car is still
original.

My second order was for a radiator - they were the least expensive, plus
the free freight offer made the difference even greater. Based on my
previous experience they assured me that it was identical to the original.
At the same time I ordered a set of foam inserts for the seats and a set of
exterior door handles. Everything arrived in about two weeks and all of the
parts were just fine.

While I used their web site to select the parts, I phoned in the order - I
prefer talking to people to make sure that what I think I am getting is
what I actually receive - especially after my first experience. They were
very helpful on the phone. My only complaint was they treated me like I was
calling from next door. I had asked a technical question which the person
on the phone could not answer. He put me on hold and must have spoken to
everyone in the place before he got back to me with the answer. Very
friendly, very helpful but I wish he moved a little faster.

I do order the bulk of my stuff from TRF and if they don't have it then VB
or Moss. I do find that there is never an issue with quality on anything I
order from TRF to the point where I  order virtually all of my "soft goods"
- interiors, badges, etc, from them.

Sandy Levine
70 TR6