Re: removing POR15 from Body parts...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing POR15 from Body parts...
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:58:38 -0500
Stinocher, Bryan D. wrote:

> Well, I have about half of the bottom of my car coated with POR 15. Problem
> is, a hole in my glove and lack of protection of my face means that I, too,
> am rustproof!! For how long is what I'd like to know.
>
> Any suggestions? Or am I now not in need of embalming fluid when I go to the
> big Triumph factory in the sky (how else would YOU define heaven?)?

Bryan ... congratulations.  You are now rustproof for one week.  There is no
method known to man for removing POR, short of dermabrasion.  Some desperate
souls have been known to paint their entire bodies black so as to make the
drips less noticeable.  But you may prefer to live with it.

Having had to paint my own body black a couple of times, I pretty much stopped
using this tenacious compound.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6