Re: Clutch master cylinder for '76 TR 6 disassembley

Subject: Re: Clutch master cylinder for '76 TR 6 disassembley
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:35:34 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver wrote:

> > Having rebuilt my TR6's clutch hydraulics 11 times in only 35,000 miles, I
> > can safely say that I've earned a degree in TR6 clutch hydraulics
> > rebuilding!!
>
>    Does failing your driving test eleven times in a row make you a
>    top class motorist?!:-) In that distance I have only played about
>    with the clutch once!
>
>           Johnny '70 Viterald 15/70

OK, if we're on this type of subject, in approx 90,000, I replaced about 7-8
UJ's, 3 diff's, 5 O/D's,
3 gearboxes, 2 cylinder heads, 5 front verticle links(4 snapped, 1 bent), 3
bonnets, 1 softtop, 4 steering joints, 2 racks, 1 dizzy, god knows how many
track rod ends/balls joints and wheel bearings, and 3 rear springs!  Who says
these things are cheap to run!!! :-)  And no, these are NOT exaggerated
figures!!!, although sometimes I replaced knackered parts with s/h ones!!! :-)

Rich