Clutch master cylinder for '76 TR 6 disassembley

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch master cylinder for '76 TR 6 disassembley
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@iso.net> (by way of Pete & AprilleChadwell)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:07:37 -0800
Ronald Dowty wrote:

>How do I get this thing to come apart???

After you remove the little circlip which retains the piston, etc., and you
remove the pushrod, you'll need to just hold the cylinder (opening facing
down) over a clean drip pan and tap it gently several times and the piston
and all will drop right out.  But nothing will go anywhere until you remove
the circlip!!  I guess if it's never been rebuilt before, you might have to
change the "tap" to "pound", but be careful not to pound so hard that you
knock off the mounting "ears!"

Do not use anything but clean, fresh brake fluid to clean everything.
Reassemble with more brake fluid.  And yes, the new seal WILL stretch to
fit over the piston!!

Having rebuilt my TR6's clutch hydraulics 11 times in only 35,000 miles, I
can safely say that I've earned a degree in TR6 clutch hydraulics
rebuilding!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6