RE: Isky cam for GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Isky cam for GT6
From: AKATR5@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:36:11 EST
>>Does anyone have any experience with an Isky "Z19" cam?  The cam in question
was reportedly obtained in th early 70's but was never installed.  It was
well preserved and all bearing and lobe surfaces look perfect.  The price
was right as well, "...go ahead and take it, it'll get tossed out
otherwise!"

I'll contact Isky directly for the spec's but was hoping somebody out there
might be familiar with this particular grind.  Thanks in advance.

Bruce Hedin
'71 GT6MkIII<<

Bruce,

I have been running an Isky Z19 cam in my TR250 for about 5 years now and have
no complaints.  I had the pleasure of meeting Ed Iskenderian and getting a
personalized tour of his company when I took my cam in to get it reground.
The specs on the cam are:   Intake 24-64   Exhaust 64-25   Lift .400  Valve
Lash Net  .016 and Duration 268 degrees.  Hope this helps.

Triumphs Rock!
Jan M. Dawson
1968 TR250