FS - UK - Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS - UK - Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:20:12 +0000
Comments: ( Received on motgate2.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
Hi All,
Of interest probably for UK listers only. Car is in Swindon, Wiltshire.

I am selling my 1966 1200 Convertible as a project. I have
half-heartedly tried to sell her before, but I wasn't going to try too
hard until summer, but last week the garage (tin shed!) in which she
lived was damaged in high winds, and she now sits outside with a
tarpaulin covering the rather poor soft top. Moving her to my
out-of-town storage doesn't seem worth the effort, as she'll eventually
be sold anyway, so I'd rather sell now for whatever I can get.

Wedgwood Blue with Blue Interior. Bodywork generally sound with the
exception of the body mounts on the bulkhead (the rest of the bulkhead
is very good) and the front edge of the boot floor. Rear valances are
missing and the front one is fibreglass and broken. Hood mechanism is
very good, including the header rail. Interior trim looks pretty good,
but the front seats are rather saggy. I may have a spare matching front
seat, I'll have to check. Chassis has some dubious looking welding
around the diff area.

If anyone is interested, I am looking for around 300 pounds, but I would
swap for another Coupe (you can NEVER have too many Coupes ;-)). Drop me
a line either at this address or home : w.davies@virgin.net

Sorry to bomb the list with this, but I'd really like this one to go to
a good home,
        Cheers,
                Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup