Re: THE BRICKS

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: THE BRICKS
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:29:06 -0500
> How does anyone know their brick is genuine? Well, one day IF
> St. Peter let's me through the Pearly Gates, I'd hate to meet some
> erstwhile Triumph owners who'd later found out I'd just gone round
> the corner and picked up the first brick I could find and passed it
> off as a genuine Triumph one. Whoever wants one (though how anyone
> can justify $70 for an airmailed brick is beyond me) will get a
> little signed piece of paper attesting to the fact they came off the
> Standard Triumph site.
>
> John

A gentleman from our club brought a brick back from the Coventry factory last
year.
Seems the bricks were stamped with the initials of the company that made them.
Not
sure of the actual name of the company, but perhaps it was "London Brick
Company",
because the brick is stamped with "LBC" on the top face!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars