Re: TR6 rear shock link assembly in poly-urethane

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear shock link assembly in poly-urethane
From: Peter Wilson <Peter.Wilson@vsl.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:39:30 +1000

You can make your own quite easily - I did both these and the sway bar
links a couple of years ago and they are still going strong:

1) Remove all of the old rubber (I just threw them into a furnace to burn
it out)
2) Sandblast the cup and pin to give a good rough surface for keying
3) Mix up some 2-part polyurethane - use a high stiffness grade like 90
Duro or higher
4) Pour the urethane into the cup and suspend the pin in a central position
- a clothes peg will do the job
5) Repaint and install

Hope this helps.

Peter Wilson