TRF vs VB

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: TRF vs VB
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:51:37 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I agree with the observation regarding price differentials, but I don't
know if they are selling similar quality products.  I noticed VB's price
on wheel trim rings vs TRF was much lower.  I was concerned that VB
might be too cheap - indicating that the quality might not be there.

I called TRF and asked them that question which led into a conversation
about stainless steel vs. OEM aluminum trim rings.  BTW - The guy at TRF
informed me that they are getting close to offering aluminum rings and
will probably quit offering the SS rings when the aluminum rings are
available.

Trim rings are another issue, but getting back to the quality issue - is
the quality of the various parts houses equal?  The guy at TRF admitted
that there are not that many sources for these parts and that for that
reason they are probably the same part.

Any thoughts?

Jack Radley
CF57991U