Re: seat slides

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: seat slides
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:53:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Gary Nafziger wrote:
  Don't think I will need to re-dimple the slides but if
> necessary could just put another dimple beside the one I drilled out.

With access to a MIG welder( OK maybe just Welder) a bead in the newly
drilled hole, built up would give a more original 'repair'.

In an article in Practical Classics some years ago- they talked of
adding weld bead to the cogs of the window crank and then dressing to
right profile.

Anyway , welding may be more efficient than trying to hammer in a new
bead- I've just never been able to exert enough force.

Cheers,

--
Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible 205E/A 204E 205730