RE: First and last post....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'Windoseat@aol.com'" <Windoseat@aol.com>
Subject: RE: First and last post....
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:36:09 -0500
I agree with you...owning a Triumph is an emotional experience. I own a 76
TR6 completely stock. Lets face it.  I could drive a Honda or Mazda that
accelerates faster, corners better, and that I would never have to open the
hood of because it would be so reliable.  But what would be the point?  It
would be an emotionally dead car (now all you Honda and Mazda owners, count
to ten).  Yes its true that my huge 96 Chevy Suburban that seats eight
people in luxurious comfort can out-accelerate my stock TR6 (its true! The
Suburban with 250 horse power stock will leave it in the dust), but the TR6
is a love affair (albeit, sometimes a love-hate affair).  It is an emotional
renewal every time I finally carve out a little time to myself and take it
out of the garage.  And I don't care if it only does 0-60 in about 11
seconds...it feels fast.  It sounds strong and true.  And the car has soul.
I swear it's a living thing with a mind all its own and I just try to do
what I can to stay on its good side so it will let me keep driving it.
Greg
76 TR6
68 MGB GT
and a couple of "normal" cars with no soul