RE: Rebuilding my Lever shocks

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Tony Rhodes'" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Rebuilding my Lever shocks
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 14:24:00 -0500
        From:  Tony Rhodes [SMTP:ARhodes@compuserve.com]
        Sent:  Saturday, January 09, 1999 11:12 AM
        To:  INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net
        Subject:  Rebuilding my Lever shocks

        Hi all,
        I am thinking of rebuilding my TR4A lever shocks myself.  I have no
experience
        with this, but since it is rather expensive to get new/rebuilt ones,
I figured I
        really can not go wrong trying it myself.

        Two questions.  1) Anybody know how to disassemble these things?
What
                           mistakes should I AVOID doing?

                        2) Anybody know a source of "rebuild kits"?  If not,
what size
                           O-rings are used?  What type of rubbber should
they be made of
                           in order to survive living in the hydraulic fliud
(oil)?

        Thanks!!
        -Tony
        ARhodes@compuserve.com