Rebuilding my Lever shocks

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rebuilding my Lever shocks
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:12:08 -0500
Hi all,
I am thinking of rebuilding my TR4A lever shocks myself.  I have no experience
with this, but since it is rather expensive to get new/rebuilt ones, I figured I
really can not go wrong trying it myself.

Two questions.  1) Anybody know how to disassemble these things?  What
                   mistakes should I AVOID doing?

                2) Anybody know a source of "rebuild kits"?  If not, what size
                   O-rings are used?  What type of rubbber should they be made
of
                   in order to survive living in the hydraulic fliud (oil)?

Thanks!!
-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com