Re: More POR 15

To: "Eric Lukhart" <lukehart@mis.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More POR 15
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 20:33:38 -0800
Eric,

I've used in on a number of cars and never used the other products. While
that combination will likely giver you the optimum surface cleaning, I
don't know how much better it would be than any other cleaning solution.
What you want to make sure of when using POR-15 is that you have removed
all of the loose rust and that the surface is free of dirt and grease. If
this is the case it should be fine. The idea is to avoid having anything
get between the POR-15 and the metal. I used it to 'piece together the
trunk in an old Mercedes I had. I liberally coated the floor of the trunk
and managed to bring it back to the point where I no longer worried that my
groceries were going to take the floor out.
I hope that this helps.

- Mark

At 10:12 PM 1/8/99 +0000, Eric Lukhart wrote:

>List,
>I went to order some of the POR 15 black ($30.00) and was reading the
>instructions for application.  According to them I will also need some
>Marine clean ($30.00) and some metal cleaner ($20.00).  Is this stuff really
>needed?  None of the previous respones reccomended it.  I don't want to be
>cheap but this POR is gonna make me POOR!  What about Extend?
>TIA,
>Eric
>74 TR6

Mark Milotay, Principal