Re: Red Hot catalyst on TR8

To: "Albert F Jones" <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Red Hot catalyst on TR8
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:06:57 -0000
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Listers

The message below says it all. This lady is in Texas and clearly has
a problem. No more than 90 minutes elapsed between her sending this
message and me receiving it - and I've forwarded it direct to the
list. If anyone has some suggestions, its obviously better all round
for them to contact her direct rather than come back to me. It's
21.00 in the UK right now.
I do not have ICQ access (whatever that is) but she does and her
number is 20747587. Will this speed things up?

Thanks in anticipation

Jonmac

----------
> From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
> To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
> Date: 08 January 1999 17:31
>
> Good afternoon John,
>
>       We have been working on a TR8, with a fuel tank leak, hopefully we
have
> that problem solved.  We were about to take it out for road testing
when we
> noticed smoke coming from underneath the car.  Note, this has
nothing to do
> with smoke escaping from the Lucas electrical system.  Upon
examination we
> could see that the smoke was coming from the catalytic convertor,
which was
> glowing a rather unusual shade of red at certain points.  (Have you
ever
> left a poker in the fire and seen it do that?)  From the time that
we
> started it today, until the time that we switched it off, it only
ran at an
> idle of around 10.  The car has been sitting up for about 8 weeks.
The