Re: Standard in Thailand

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Standard in Thailand
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 13:41:16 -0700
Lonn Howard wrote:

> Anyway, he told me that Standard was a precurser to British Leyland and
> therefore qualified as an LBC.  I hate to admit my ignorance...  Is he
> right?

He is correct.  As I understand it...

Not only a precursor to British Leyland, but the company that built your
Triumphs.  The Standard Motor Company bought what was left of the
pre-war Triumph Company just after WWII.  Not much left but a marketable
name and a reputation for good cars.  TR3's commission plate identify
the manufacturer as "Standard Motor Co. Ltd.".

Geo Hahn
59 TR3