Re: Ford Ranger Speedometer

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Ford Ranger Speedometer
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:31:57 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Bob and Nancy <wises@execpc.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Well, many of us use Fords to tow Triumphs, so...

        `cept those of us who use Veedubs for TR towin'...

> > After all, even Petrolati comes up with a good answer once
> > in awhile.
>
> Do you have specific evidence to back up that statement? (Kidding, Greg!)

        Okay so you kicked over my rock... You gotta deal with it!

> > 4-cylinder really doesn't like 75 mph--it whines something awful).

        Most whining I hear from 4 cyl Fords generally comes from their
        owners:)

        For the answers to the below questions I call Dr. ("He knows more
        than you do") Science

> > These are my questions:  1)  Why would cold make the speedo read fast?

        Do you like hanging around in the cold? Well, neither does your car.
        Your car was trying to get someplace warm and took matters into its
        own... "hands", so to speak. We human tend to think automobiles
        are simply machines or, at most extensions of various portions of
        our anatomy. Cars have feelings too... When was the last time you
        spoke kindly to you car? Bought it flowers or took it to a movie
        (allright a drive in)? Did you get it a present on Henry Ford's
        Birthday? Your vehicle was trying to tell you something and...
        You better pay attention... Some day you may want to stop in a
        hurry...

        Thank you Dr. Science.....

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois