Oil coolers and temps-

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil coolers and temps-
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 06:47:56 -0800
Sorry, Peter I deleted you message before replying so I am sending to the
list.  The temperatures I was referring to were more in line with the cars
we are running.  In this case coolant temps (thermostats) are around
160-180 deg F.  Typically you want the oil temp somewhere around 190-200
deg F.  Todays modern cars will run the coolant much hotter as some
thermostats are set at 195 or more - The oil thermostats I have seen are
set for around 190-200 deg F, and most oil temp gauges read upwards of 300
deg F., well above the usual 240 deg of a typical water temp gauge.  Maybe
I shouldn't have said much hotter, but simply hotter than the coolant
temperatures.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)