RE: TR6 engine numbers

To: "'Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP'" <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Subject: RE: TR6 engine numbers
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:51:59 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.UTAH.EDU>
> From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP
> [mailto:Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil]
>
> Anyone know of a reference as to build dates of engines based on their
> number?  References I have seen in the past say that the commissioning
> number and engine number should be close, but my 76 TR6
 (CF57005U) has an engine number of CF47004U.  Should I
> suspect a different engine has been put
> into my car?

Not necessarily. I have a pretty late 76 and my engine number is kinda
"early" as well. I know it's original
(<http://www.cyberbia.com/peterz/tr6/bmiht.html> confirms this). As for the
air injection manifold, I removed mine but so far have not altered the
intake manifold. I just plugged the six ports with -5 AN plugs. I think all
76 engines destined for North America would have had the air injection
manifold.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---