RE: RE: what??? + more

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: RE: what??? + more
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 17:17:47 -0500
Michael L. Coop wrote:

P.S.   I've already learned that the Japanese tranny being used for MGB's
won't work for Spit's.

Why not??

Gregory Petrolati wrote:

> thought them jag owners was more intelligent than us TR farmers

Duh? why u say that????

read on any way

        A friend once past on a story from jag-lovers.org concerning some
work that the author had done to his wifes Jag. It had to do with 'Lucas
the Prince Of Darkness' and fixing a window motor and the paraphernalia of
voodoo type ceremonies. Yah dah, yah dah, yah dah, so tell me a real story
about the Prince. When I hear people joking  about the Prince Of Darkness
and the problems they have suffered through, I usually just sit back and
think to my self, they haven't got a clue about what the 'real dark fear'
of  the 'Prince Of Darkness is about.' Then at other times I tell them the
following story.

         Every one enjoys driving their car just for the sheer enjoyment
factor, well a few years ago after visiting friends in northern New
Hampshire I headed home at 2:00 AM. It was a warm moonless summer night as
I was  zooming along the dark 2 lane road at about 85 mph (I say 'about'
because that's how high the old Jaguar 85 max speedo would go.) I was
really enjoying myself going down the curvy road. I could feel the car as
it handled the road, I had my favorite music on the stereo blaring out
through the speakers  and  I had the road all to my self, no one else was
around to disturb my fun, heck it was after 2:00 AM. The radar detector was
on and it felt sooooo so nice just zooming along. As I came up over a small
rise in the road the headlights winked off ..... no highs...... no
lows............. nothing, Nada just deep ....... dark ....... empty
......... space .... the final frontier.... no no no that's another story.

 So now, until a person experiences something like 85+ mph no headlights on
an unfamiliar, curvy, 2 lane country road in the dark on a warm moonless
night, their complaints of the Prince miss the mark. I don't recommend
going through the ordeal unless you genuinely want to experience the real
fear' that the Prince Of Darkness can instill in ones psyche.

i will post in a day or 2 a story more to the point about cross ownership
and just how smart some owners are.
subject matter title will be "joys of Jaguars"