TR6 Grease Seal

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Grease Seal
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:56:36 -0500
Scott,
The felt goes away from the bearing i.e. toward the centre of the car. A
good way to remember this is that you don't want the felt getting into the
bearing.
For a TR3, and I expect a TR6 would be the same, tighten the castle nut to
five foot-pounds, then back off one hexagon flat.
Regards,
Jim Wallace
***************************

Happy New Year to all.

I purchased the replacement front hub grease seals
from TRF and wanted to confirm the proper position
they go on.

The current grease seal is just felt while the
replacement is felt inside of a metal casing with
the felt exposed on one side. Does the felt side
face toward the wheel with the metal side facing
toward the vertical link or vice versa? (Shane, did
you replace this?).

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA