[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:57:37 -0600
Cc: Rengrave@aol.com
>.From: Rengrave@aol.com
>Subject: Bearings and Oil Pump

>Hello everyone,

>I am about to perform my first Main bearing and Rod bearing >replacement
due to
>low oil pressure and noise when I rev engine.
>I am told that I should use Plasi-Gage to determine the amount of >wear on
each
>bearing, is this easy?
>I am also going to replace my original oil pump while I am at it, the
>pump is
>worn with deep lines on top of every lobe on the center gear.
>My question is :  Where is the best place to purchase new Bearings,
>Thrust
>Washers  and a new Oil Pump? TRF

Try British Parts Northwest, 4105 ST Lafayette Hwy, Dayton, Or, 97114 Ph
503-864-2001 (They advertise in Hemmings), they have good prices and
excellent quality, though it's not original mfg.  The salesman there is
very knowledgeable and he'll spend time discussing what you need and giving
good advice without rushing you.  Plus you get candy in each shipment!
No financial interest, etc, yada yada
BTW, I've never used Plasti-Gage, but if you're gonna replace the bearings
without pulling the engine, it may be the best method.  I've always used a
micrometer. It sounds like your engine is worn to the point you may want to
get the crank out and turn it...

Richard Triplett
62 TR3A
78 Spit