Re: Cooling/Heating trouble

To: rdowty@iso.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cooling/Heating trouble
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:07:11 EST

<< I am having a lot of trouble all of the sudden (since the temperature got
 into single digits here). My car is overheating but the heater is blowing
 cold air. What could be the problem?

  Bad head gasket might also be the likely problem, however as other listers
  have reported, you might check the condition of your antifreeze, thermostat
  and pump to determine if these might hopefully be the source of your
problem.
  You didn't mention the time sequence in which your problem occured. If
   happened during the course of normal driving then I would think there is a
   problem associated with the head and or head gasket. If it happened after
   the car sat outside in single digit weather and at startup then I would
surmise
   the antifreeze, etc. contributed to this problem. Regardless, better not to
drive
   it until you find the cause. Good Luck!

   Best  Regards,
   Kirk Yonker