Re: TR6 Electronic ignition

To: rossfox+@pitt.edu, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Electronic ignition
From: Stephen Benelisha <here@best.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 08:32:58 -0800
> In other words, which is the correct Crane conversion for use with a
> non-ballasted ignition, using the lucas sport coil, for street use.

Hi Ross-
  I used the XR700 and then selected a Bosch "Super Blue" 6 volt coil.
This setup puts out quite well for me. I ended up having to renew my
spark plug wires in order to stop all the arcing under the bonnet.

With Bosch, the blue coil is a 6 volt meant to be used with a ballast.
The red coil is  for 12 volt use. I tried to find a 6 volt high
performance Lucas coil but gave up.

Good luck,
Steve
'74 TR6