TR6 warmup continued

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 warmup continued
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:56:00 -0500
TR6 question (please bear with me on the difficult word explanation):

Water is routed through the intake manifold to heat up the mixture for
better atomization at low temperature. The rubber hose at the rear of
the intake manifold is connected to a branch of the steel tube that runs
under the manifolds from front to rear. When I look inside the portion
of the steel tube that this hose fastens to, I find that the hole
drilled into the main tube is only 1/8" diameter, whereas the rest of
the passage for the coolant through the manifold is 1/2" diameter. Now,
this little bitty hole may be sized for manufacturing convenience, or it
may be a conscious effort to reduce flow.

Has anyone tried enlarging that hole to improve the cool running
characteristics?

(And, yes, thanks, my thermostat is working properly.)

--
uncle jack
61 TR4 Rallye Replica Racer