Re: UK listers : HELP! (alternator pulley)

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: UK listers : HELP! (alternator pulley)
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 23:29:46 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 01 January 1999 23:38
Subject: UK listers : HELP! (alternator pulley)

Hi, Brad.

When I changed the alternator on my Scimitar, I was able to buy a new pulley
directly from my local Lucas Agent.
As far as I can remember, the dimensions were as per your needs. There was
only the pulley, in satin black powder coat, the nut, spring washer, spacer
and Woodruff key had to bought separately.

I expect you could order one from Lucas but can only give you the local
dealer's number which is (UK Code, plus) 01904 654513.
They are called York Autoelectrics.

Good Luck,

David Hill
>UK Listers,
>
>I'm in the process of trying to mount a Lucas 18ACR alternator to my TR4
>engine.  Mounting the alternator turned out to be real easy the hard part
>appears to be obtaining the correct v-belt pulley!
>
>I spent part of this past week trying to track down a specific replacement
v-
>belt pulley.  What I have come to find out is the Lucas alternator shaft is
>15mm in diameter and the v-belt itself is 20mm wide.  I tried the two
largest
>Industrial supply places here in town and neither one could come up with
>the pulley I want.  They couldn't even find a catalog that listed pulleys
>smaller than about 100 mm.  The standard Lucas generator pulley fits the
>alternator just fine but has a diameter of 80 mm.  Using that pulley the
>alternator would be running close to 450 rpm slower than the alternator
>needs to run at idle.
>
>The v-belt on the TR4 is 20 mm wide, 14 mm thick and 900 mm long.  The
>length isn't important but when selecting a pulley the width adn thickness
>are.
>
>I need a pulley that has a 15 mm bore, 20 mm v-belt width (14 mm thick)
with