Re: TR4 fan belt

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 fan belt
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:21:18 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/17/98 1:49:56 AM EST, CarlSereda@aol.com writes:

<< <<I'll add a few cents to this one. Art is right - you have to raise the
motor
 in a TR4 to install the belt. There is only about 1/2" clearance between the
 steering rack and the fan extension, whereas on the TR3 there is lots of room
 between the ext. and the steering rod. I can change the belts in my TR3's OK
 but have to jack up the motor of the TR4.
 Ken Nuelle
 58 TR3A
 62 TR3B
 64 TR4>>
 Ken I've never had to do any more than loosen the generator to get the fan
 belt off the car. Perhaps your engine is sitting lower than mine or needs new
 engine mounting rubbers?
 Carl
 '64 TR4 since '74

Carl
Don't think so. Been like this for 20 plus years - new mounts or not.
Apparently some cars are like this and some are not, maybe some have extra
shims under the mounts? Taller mounts?
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B