TR3A new old valves

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A new old valves
From: Gbouff@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:46:43 EST
Hi Listers,

Just spent most of the day reorganizing my garage.  It was badly needed, tools
everywhere and even if found, no room to work.

That was a  secondary motive however.  In one of my earlier posts, I had
mentioned that after getting the engine started (after a 25 year slumber) I
discovered that I would have to rebuild the head.  When I bought the car it
came with LOTS of spares including new exhaust valves still packed in
pariffin.  I new that they were there, somewhere, finding them was the hard
part.  Naturally,I found them in the very last box.

Not only that, I have a spare head devoid of ancillaries, and other than being
rusty, appears to be in almost new conditon.  So at this point I will shortly
send out both heads and all valves to a rebuilder, and let him choose what is
best.

Is there a way to add hardened valve seats to a TR3 head?  If so, where do I
find parts?

Also, does someone offer a rebuild kit for a TR3 water pump?  The bearings and
impeller are fine, I only need the seal and a rubber part refered to as the
"spinner".
Victoria British shows the seal available.  However, neither they nor Moss
show the spinner available, and being somewhat new, I still haven't been able
to get a complete TR3 catalog from TRF as I have been told that it is out of
print.

Well that's it as far as an update.

Gary Bouffard
TS 58399