Re: Holes in TR-4(A) rocker panels

To: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Holes in TR-4(A) rocker panels
From: r-james@tamu.edu
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 98 08:26:09
Justin,

There are drain slots as I've described, but maybe my recollection
about location was flawed.  Another reader said these are between the
front wing and rocker, rather than between the inner sill and rocker.

I have not looked back under my car to confirm the location.  I can recall
sticking a knife blade through the slot to check for obstruction, but
can't clearly recall the exact location.

Look on the outer sill bottom seam approximately under the door hinges
for the slot I described.  If the other writer is correct, they will be
forward of the door hinge line several inches, between the front wing
and (the sill?), rather than between inner and outer sills.

Sorry about the uncertainty of location (indicated by a question mark in the
original
post), but I wrote without an opportunity to confirm the exact location by
looking at the car.

Regards,
Ray

--- On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 18:58:46 -0800  jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>